December 3, 2014

TWO YEARS



On November 17th, Gordy and I celebrated two years of marriage!!!  It's a little hard to believe that we have already been married two years! Time seriously flies when you are with the one you love. Our anniversary was on a Monday, and we both had work and school, so we decided to celebrate simply.  It was such a good day.  I honestly was beaming all day just thinking about the man that I get to call my husband.  He is so wonderful! 

The Saturday prior, we went to the temple and participated in some sealings.  We were able to reminisce on our special day when we were sealed for eternity.  So many memories and feelings came back to me in the temple which made this experience all the sweeter! I cannot express enough gratitude and love for our Heavenly Father who allows us to be connected to our loved ones in the life to come.  Our temple sealing is one of our greatest blessings! 




After a fancy dinner of quesadillas and red pepper and tomato soup (it's not pathetic if that's what you both feel like right???), we reminisced.  We reminisced over the slide show that Gordy proposed with.  It was so cute to re-read some of the texts we sent each other while dating!  We looked at all of our wedding pictures and watched our wedding video which brought back even more memories.  I looked over at G while watching the video and realized that we both had the biggest smiles on our faces! November 17, 2012 was seriously the perfect day! Then we talked about love and life and dreams and goals and marriage and each other.  Sometimes I think my heart will burst because I feel so much love for this man of mine.  

I believe in marriage.  I believe in celebrating it!  I love that Gordy and I get to work together each day and that we share everything--our good, bad, hard, happy, and funny moments.  I have had a few friends ask me over the past few years what the best part about marriage is.  I have tried to explain to them how I have never known more happiness or felt more complete.  The feelings that come when Gordy and I set goals together, see our dreams come true together, and work through hard situations together are unparalleled by anything I've experienced before.  I have never found as great of joy and completeness by myself.  I truly believe that God ordained marriage for our happiness and benefit.  I love how President Eyring put it when talking about his wife...

"Most remarkable to me has been the fulfillment of the hope I felt the day I met my wife.  I have become a better person as I have loved and lived with her.  We have been complementary beyond anything I could have imagined.  Her capacity to nurture others grew in me as we became one.  My capacity to plan, direct, and lead in our family grew in her as we became united in marriage.  I realize now that we grew together into one--slowly lifting and shaping each other, year by year.  As we absorbed strength from each other, it did not diminish our personal gifts.

Our differences combined as if they were designed to create a better whole.  Rather than dividing us, our differences bound us together.  Above all, our unique abilities allowed us to become partners with God in creating human life.  The happiness that came from our becoming one build faith in our children and grandchildren that marriage could be a continuing source of satisfaction for them and their families."

I love that we get to celebrate our marriage close to the Thanksgiving holiday when we are extra mindful of the blessings that we have.  Without a doubt, Gordy is one of my greatest blessings! I feel so incredibly honored and lucky to be with this man forever.  He makes every day wonderful!!!

Thank you, Gordy, for making these two years the happiest years of my life yet! Thank you for choosing me, complimenting me, and working together each day with me.  I love you!

Love, your darling

Here are some links that articulate my beliefs about marriage and that have inspired me lately...enjoy THIS (which is where the quote above is from), THIS, and THIS

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful thoughts! I love the positive vibes you share. Marriage is the best!! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much girl! Marriage truly is the best. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. These are exactly my feelings! I wish I only knew how to put them into words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcie...I feel like I can never adequately say what I'm feeling when it comes to love and marriage, and sometimes I wonder if I ever will be able to! haha. Miss you girl! Merry Christmas!

      Delete