March 15, 2015

CHRISTMAS 2014


Due to work schedules and everything, we flew into Utah on Christmas Eve! We actually loved it. We got to spend the holiday with the people that we love but then we got to enjoy our time with them after Christmas because we weren't running around with our heads cut off trying to buy presents.  It was so great! We sure have a lot of love for those families of ours.

Our Christmas break was filled with:
  • Christmas Eve party at the Walkers! We even made it into the video via facetime. Thanks Abby!
  • "The Cajun Night Before Christmas" a definite hit and new tradition! 
  • sibling sleepover on Christmas Eve in the basement...who snored? Also, traditional stair pic complete with bed head and sleepy eyes. A classic!
  • games and more games!!! Coup, Sequence, Pandemic, Settlers, Rook, Scotland Yard, Pit, Pretty Pretty Princess, etc.
  • York's homecoming
  • meeting 2 new nieces (sweet little girls McKenzie and Lucy)
  • sledding
  • building an Olaf
  • saw "The Imitation Game"
  • meeting the boyfriend...teasing the lovebirds (we're such awesome older siblings haha)
  • skyping with Elder Kern in Chile!
  • eating lots of yummy food 
  • (NN)NYE celebration with Cravens and Clawsons (YOU try holding a 1 lb weight in the air for longer than 3 minutes! decorating shirts...)
  • seeing Kami post mission (so great!) & lots of other dear friends
  • breakfast at Alicia's with the babes before she went back to China
  • reminding Katie's baby I'm going to be the favorite aunt ;) (another niece due this month!) 
  • Looking through all of York's pictures and seeing all of his trinkets and hearing all about his last two years.  Missions are wonderful and we are so proud of him.
  • Cafe Rio (a MUST while in Utah)
  • Jazz Game!
  • breakfast with my Sammy
  • giving Ashlyn the cutest cowgirl dress-up (now she doesn't have to refer to her leopard fedora as her "yeehaw" hat)
  • chopping my locks! and donating them...a Christmas gift to me and someone else.
  • meeting up with Brandon and Lisa and their girls for lunch at Zaxby's in Atlanta! Loved spending time with them however short it was! (That's what happens when you live 2,000 miles apart!)
  • feeling loved and spoiled by our families and friends
I'm so mad at myself for not taking my camera out more (especially with the Evans) but sometimes you are just busy and forget to document the moments you are having.  Hopefully next time I will be better about that! Now for a plethora of pictures (you've been warned)!


^^ One of my favorite things about 2014 was teaching these amazing kids! I love them SO much and have loved seeing them get baptized this year! ugh and their adorable Christmas outfits kill me! Also, my heart would kind of skip a beat every time they called me 
"Sister Evans!" because I love having that title so much! Being a wife is wonderful. ^^



^^ Christmas Sunday best. :) ^^




^^ When I walked outside I caught my breath because it was the 
perfect Christmas morning with all of this fresh snow! Cue: I"m dreaming of a white Christmas...^^



^^ I love the missionary tan line! ^^





^^ She wanted to go down with me, and when we sat down on the sled at the top of the hill she turned to me and said, "I think I"m going to close my eyes now." and my heart just melted at this honest, excited, and slightly nervous little girl! ^^









^^Shout out to Meg who took all of these great pics! ^^








^^ I sure love them! ^^


^^ Dad trying to be taller than York! haha! ^^











^^ MIND BLOWING how long my hair was!! ^^





^^ Notice G's creepy stache! He had a full beard at the start of the night and kept disappearing to shave it off in sections. He keeps me laughing! ^^




2 comments:

  1. Brielle! That first pic of you and Gordy is SOO cute, and I cannot get over how cute your hair cut is! Looks like you had a fun Christmas : ) Nothing beats those snowy Utah mountains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! You are so sweet. :) Christmas was so great and I can't believe it's already mid-March! And oh man....that white Christmas was one for the books. So glad you guys made it to NOLA!! Love reading your posts :)

      Delete