March 31, 2015

OUR CRAZY ROAD TRIP!

Birmingham.....Chicago.....Rochester....Pennsylvania....Chapel Hill.....Birmingham

I was skimming through my pictures and realized that I never blogged about this huge trip we took! And this simply cannot be forgotten.  This was the craziest road trip, but so much fun!! G left for Chicago for the annual ACHE conference while I stayed and worked for another week. about 3 hours into his drive, I walked into our bedroom to see his garment bag full of suits hanging on the wall. NOOOOO. So I drove to meet him half way and he finally got to Chicago way later than planned! He had a great time at the conference, networked a lot, at some yummy food, and took some great classes.  He also got to see some of our closest friends from Alabama which I was super jealous about! Maybe next year I'll just have to tag along. ;) Special thanks to the McMinn's for letting me come sleepover so I didn't have to be alone and sad.  haha. 


I flew into Chicago and we ate lunch with two of my cousins--Chicago deep dish pizza, of course! Soon after, we hit the road and began our long drive to Rochester.  The worst part of the entire trip was paying $30 on the toll road just to get through Ohio! Seriously Ohio, not cool.  We finally made it to Rochester at 2:30 am and surprised Spencer for his birthday!!! We had a blast with the Cravens and talked nonstop about how awesome it was going to be to live so close to each other! We also explored this abandoned subway station that was way cool but also super creepy. If we went any further into the tunnel I'm positive we would have died. hahaha.






^^ Spencer is in medical school and was taking us on a tour of the hospital and showed us this display. Some probably think it's creepy, but I thought it was so neat! ^^


^^ We went to the Rochester farmer's market and 
got some of their spice donuts which were YUM! ^^

We drove down to Pennsylvania and began our 5-day house hunting trip! I was SO excited to finally see this town and hospital that G had been telling me about since his interview in October. And let me just tell you....we loved it.  We totally fell in love with it! I especially loved meeting the other fellows, G's boss, and all of our welcoming ward members! We had a bit of a crazy time in PA searching for a house because the market up there is insane. The first day we looked at 18 homes and by that evening, 15 of them were sold.  What!? Every day was like this! We got outbid three times on different homes, so every day we had to start back at square one.  It was an emotionally exhausting time, but then our realtor found the perfect house for us and we immediately jumped on it. They accepted our offer right then and good thing too because we were already on our way out of town and didn't have time to see any more homes! 



^^ The home buying process is a doozy! ^^



^^ We got a new niece and loved all the pics since we weren't in the same state. 
Sweet little Eliza! She's so cute!^^






Then we drove down to North Carolina to spend the weekend with our siblings and nieces. Those girls are sooo cute and we just had so much fun playing with them. We went on an Easter egg hunt, met our niece for the first time, went to the life and science museum, and celebrated Natalie's birthday. It's always hard to leave them, but we finished our drive back to Birmingham which completed our huge road trip! 




^^ G is such a fun uncle and was wheeling these girls around the store so much that they were squealing and laughing so hard! It was the cutest thing. ^^

^^ CHICKEN AND WAFFLES YUMMM. seriously so good. ^^ 















I've always loved road trips because I grew up doing them multiple times a year. Since we've been dating, G and I have been on many road trips together. I love the quality and quantity of time you get to spend with each other and it's like you can just talk and talk and talk for hours. Not to mention that seeing so many different parts of the country is pretty amazing! When I drive, I feel like I see so much more of this blessed USA and I just love that. They're the best, in my opinion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment