July 22, 2015

CLAWSONS COME TO VISIT!


Ohhhh man. I think it's safe to say that these past six months have been crazy! I am waaay behind on this blog, so this marks the start of me getting things together and getting caught up! Yay! I've been making long a list of everything I want to write about.  I think documenting life is so important, and if you haven't noticed I kind of struggle keeping caught up. Regardless, I still think it's important and I still want to look back on this someday! 

So waaaay back in the beginning of the year, the Clawsons (aka the A Clowns) came to visit us in Alabama! Spencer and Gordy have been friends since high school (maybe before that??) and he and Hayley are just the best! We showed them all around Birmingham and had a blast!! Some highlights included: Niki's West for some great Southern food, the Vulcan, the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum, Steel City Pops, and Sloss Furnaces. It's always weird to look back in the summer and see yourself wearing a coat. Anyone with me? It's like my mind forgets what it's like to be cold for a minute and I'm honestly not complaining about it. Here are some pictures!





^^ We dared each other to walk across this sketchy part....
and everyone made it there and back alive! ^^


^^ I just love this girl! ^^



^^ The view of our city behind us! also feat. G's magical windswept hair. ^^



^^ So we had finished roaming around Sloss and we saw a group of boys climbing quickly down the side of the tallest tower.  Obviously, G just had to do what they did and go to the top of the tower that was clearly off limits. He tried for a long time to get me on board, but I didn't really want to go and get caught and kicked out. Plus the stairs looked a little sketchy! Finally he pulled the "You're not fun anymore. Where did the fun girl I married go?" card in front of our friends which totally hurt my feelings and got him the result he wanted. I went up the tower. It was one of those moments that totally stings but you laugh about now, you know? haha. Don't worry, he apologized and I've been reinstated to the "Best Wife Ever" status. ;)  The pictures above are from the top of the tower and I have totally admitted that it was worth it to climb up and get those pics. ^^












^^ Spencer's smug grin says it all! If you know these two, 
then you know that they were in heaven! ^^




Bikes on bikes on bikes on bikes....



^^ My personal favorite! You can just pack it up! ^^


Thanks, Clawson's for such a great weekend! We love you guys mucho!!



No comments:

Post a Comment