October 1, 2014

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

Has it already been a month since I last posted?! Holy cow...life is flying by! Life has been extra busy lately with me taking 17 credits this semester and G applying and interviewing for residencies that we were so excited to escape for a few days to Atlanta last weekend and celebrate the big 2-8 for G$!!! We had a blast! I think Gordy enjoyed everything about his birthday except for when I stopped and said, "Wow! I wonder what I'll be doing in 5.5 years when I'm 28!" hahaha. Sorry babe...sometimes I talk before I think.  But like I kept telling him this past weekend...he is aged to perfection! ;)  Here are some pics from the weekend! (And sorry our iphones were the only cameras we took).

We got a steal of a deal at the CNN Omni hotel right in the heart of downtown Atlanta.  Our view was incredible! I love the feel of big cities.




Saturday (G's actual birthday!) we slept in which was amazing! We spent most of our day at the Georgia Aquarium and I CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT HOW COOL IT WAS!!! You may seriously think I am 5, but I am obsessed with aquariums.  It is one of the biggest in the world and did not disappoint.  It is a MUST SEE if you are ever in Atlanta!







^^Okay, the penguin exhibit was amazing! You could crawl through these tunnels and see them swimming around you and then you could pop-up in these cases that were right in the middle of their habitat (shown below). I love penguins!^^













^^They had this cool exhibit that was like body worlds but for ocean creatures!^^



^^Whale sharks. Duh-nuh. Duh-nuh.^^



^^Look at the tiny human compared to the manta ray! 
This is the biggest tank in the world.^^




^^The piranhas devouring their fish.^^ 


^^Did I mention I love penguins?^^


After walking around the city for a little bit, we got ready for the much anticipated and long awaited GARTH BROOKS WORLD TOUR CONCERT!!!!!!! If you know Gordy then you know that he is obsessed with Garth.  I didn't really ever listen to Garth before I met G, but now I know most of his songs don't you worry. ;) Since Garth hasn't toured for years (he's been in Vegas for a while) we knew we would have to see him if he came close to Birmingham.  The concert was phenomenal. Seriously!! It's no question to me why Garth has been Entertainer of the Decade for a few decades now...he is like this almost 60-year-old man who rocks out so hard on stage! We were screaming along to every song and I could not help but just watch G's face light up as he lived one of his dreams.  I love my husband more than I can articulate.  He is my favorite earthling (he prefers that to human) and I cannot imagine a single day without him by my side.


^^He was so embarrassed when I asked the cookie man if he could take a picture with the birthday boy. hahaha I think I'm funny sometimes.^^


^^WHY, HELLO HANDSOME!!!!^^


^^I seriously love this cowboy of mine!^^


^^Left: Garth, Right: My man G$.
My mom made him this shirt for his birthday gift.  He's been asking her to make it for years! Isn't she incredible?!! I hope to be half the seamstress she is someday!^^


^^We scored awesome seats!^^





^^Gordy took some secret pictures...^^


^^Our girl Trisha (also Garth's wife).^^


^^I was just glad his finale song was "Friends in Low Places,"
 I mean what could be better to end with?^^


On Sunday evening we invited a few friends over for some cake and ice cream.  This is the best cake I think I've ever had!



Happy, happy birthday Gordy! I love love love you! You make me the happiest girl in the world.  I hope this year is incredible for you! 
XO, your darling



No comments:

Post a Comment