October 14, 2014

PACK TRIP / PART I





In August, G and I were able to visit home for a few weeks. While in Utah, we had the time of our lives on a pack trip with my wonderful in-laws! What is a pack trip, you say? Basically, you pack all of your gear onto extra strong horses and ride your horses to the camping spot while leading the string of pack horses.  Sound amazing? Well it was! It was seriously a blast! I remember just grinning the entire first day (and basically the whole trip, let's be honest...except the part when it was freezing..) while we rode 13 miles to camp because it felt SO good to be back on a horse, in the mountains we love, with our wonderful family.  I kept telling Gordy that God is so good to create such a beautiful world for us.  There is something so amazing that happens when you disconnect from life and escape into nature with the people you love.  We feel so lucky to have this beautiful escape!

I've been wanting to share pics from this trip but have so many good memories that they will have to be split up into a few posts. Below is an awesome video of our trip that my cute twin SIL's made.  I have seriously watched it so many times! What an incredible few days with family! We love you guys. And the ranch! Thanks for such a fun trip!



Pack Trip from Amanda Evans on Vimeo.


and a few photos....




























^^ The pack trip gang! Missed everyone who couldn't make it! ^^




^^ We play with our food... and yes we all look awkward and I love it! ^^




^^ The first of many quality selfies during the trip. ^^


^^Isn't he the cutest?! Gahhh...I'm in love!^^


^^ And then it hailed on us for a few hours! (In August) 
Good thing we had just finished setting up camp! ^^




^^ I think Tom's expression sums up how we felt that first cold night...  
but we were still having fun! ^^

More to come soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment