October 9, 2014

MY "LITTLE" BROTHERS

I grew up closest in age with my two younger brothers.  York is 20 months younger than me and Russell is 18 months younger than him.  I'm not really sure how my mom handled the three of us...we could be so rowdy at times! But I do know that it was a lot of fun! I always had friends to play with and people to pull pranks on.  To this day we laugh and laugh over the creative ways we would wake up our older siblings, the time that the boys rolled me up in a rug and belted it so I couldn't escape, the airsoft gun wars where they would fight over who DIDN'T get me on their team, me insisting that we have "Matchy Tuesday" while the three of us were in high school for a year together, and teaching them how to drive stick shift while almost dying multiple times.  I have been so blessed with such awesome siblings...and I mean all of them! (not just my little bros).

This week I've been especially missing these two "little" brothers of mine.  (They passed me up in height and strength a looong time ago).  They are both serving two-year missions for our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  (To learn more about our church visit here.)They are doing amazing things and seeing miracles every day.  Even though I miss them, there is no where else I would rather them be.  Serving the Lord for two years will be one of the biggest blessings in their lives...and I think that is already manifesting itself! It has been incredible to learn from them, be inspired by them, and to see their growth.  They are becoming such amazing men and making me even prouder to be their big sis.  I love them lots!  



^^ Reads: "Smile God loves you. God is love." ^^

Aren't they so cute?! I love seeing those name tags on them and those big smiles on their faces.  As we get into fall (although it's still 85 degrees here...love it!) I am always drawn towards Thanksgiving and re-focusing on gratitude.  Today, I'm so so thankful for an amazing family.  My siblings are the bomb.com! And my parents are truly people to emulate.  Gordy and I have been so appreciative of and buoyed up by the love we feel from our families even when we are a few thousand miles away. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment